Saturday, July 3, 2010

La Notte Bianca

Another late post. Sorry. After Assisi, we headed out to La Notte Bianca dell’Oltrarno. What is La Notte Bianca you might ask? Translated in Italian= the white night. It was hosted on the other side of the Arno River, in the Santo Spirito/Santa Maria del Carmine/Pitti Palace area. From what I’ve heard, this happens like twice a year? Once on each side of the Arno.

During La Notte Bianca, restaurants and shops stay open until like 2 or 3 in the morning. Restaurants set up tables in the street and sell food and drinks for (very cheap) fixed prices. Ex: sangria/wine for 2 euros, or paninis for 3 euros… They also set up numerous stages with bands. There were thousands of people of all ages just roaming the streets all night. I saw young people, old people, babies, dogs, etc…

I walked around with a group of friends and listened to some of the bands. The one below placed Coldplay and Kings of Leon! It was a really fun night.




Che and her friend. (I made her take this picture because I thought all of his bracelets were photo-worthy)

No comments:

Post a Comment