Here are some pictures from our biking adventure (smiling before we were aware of the peril we were voluntarily putting ourselves into…)
After our exploration, we had a lovely Chinese dinner at Anny’s apartment. It was so delicious, and I just love sharing my friends with my other friends! As you can see, her apartment is awesome.
The next day, I went to class and then met up with Kelly and Jannis for lunch. Jannis had told us about the “most authentic Florentine experience” in the Mercato di San Ambrogio and wanted to take us both. I am so glad.
We walked into the market and waited for a seat at Trattoria di Rocco. BEST. LUNCH. EXPERIENCE. EVER. You should google this place. Rocco is this sweet old man who owns the trattoria. He can usually be found running around between the kitchen, the counter, and visiting all of the tables. Rocco is quite a celebrity in Firenze because he is super friendly and his food is so delicious. We sat on the inside of the trattoria (so we could be close to Rocco) and ordered a few Florentine dishes including panzanella and zucchini stuffed with meat. He quickly came over to meet Kelly and I. We took a few pictures of him running around (and tickling children), then a few with the man himself.
Oh and by the way, watermelon with chocolate drizzled on top is wonderful. I can’t wait to go back. :)

This place sounds delicious and I like how Rocco tickles children. haha I also like Kelly's pic with the fat statue. hahaha I love reading you blogs and commenting on them, but now I have to get back to work. :(
ReplyDelete