Sunday, July 4, 2010

Free Music!

This week, I have been enjoying the wonderful street musicians nearly every night. On Wednesday, I was walking home and I came across an orchestra from Fiesole playing in front of the Palazzo Vecchio. Afterwards, Che and I returned to listen to an English musician named Ken Mercer playing Beatles music. He is definitely a fan favorite because hundreds of people gather around to hear him play just outside of the Uffizi. It is so funny to watch Italians, Spanish, and other nationalities sing along to English songs. Sometimes belt them out.

There was another orchestra on Friday night, a band on Sunday night, and Ken Mercer just about every night. I love walking in the evenings to listen to music! (It’s about the only time you can comfortably walk around… days are in the mid 90s now, and the sun doesn’t even set until 9:30!)

Here’s Ken Mercer’s site: http://kenmercermusic.com/

1 comment: