I went to the airport to meet her, with a sign. This is how excited Kelly was to be here:
We got to my place (dang it was a hot day) and relaxed in my room. Once I stopped talking for like 5 minutes, Kelly passed out:
We took it easy on Monday just walking a little around the city and then we ate dinner with my roommates. On Tuesday, I went back to school and Kelly explored the Palazzo Pitti. Afterwards, we walked around some more, ate gelato, and I bought my Amici degli Uffizi card. What is that, you might ask? The best thing ever. For 40 euros, I now have unlimited access to all of the state owned museums in Firenze. This means the Uffizi (yay!!), the Accademia, the Palazzo Pitti, Bargello, Medici Chapels, San Marco, Orsanmichele, and some other villas/gardens. I don’t have to make a reservation or wait in line. Just stroll right on in, flash my card- and bam! I am surrounded by incredible art. All. Year. Long. It makes me so happy.

That's awesome the Kelly got to visit! You know you have a good friend when they travel two days to see you! And I love how she passed out as soon as you stopped talking to catch your breath. I can totally imagine how that could have happened. Finally you talk about eating gelato! You need to post some pictures of it. I want shots of the counter with all the flavors and your little cup. I know you have to fit in the bridesmaids dress when you get back, but I have to say I'm little disappointed with your lack of gorging. That little card is AMAZING! And 40 euro is chump change. I remember waiting in those lines especially for the Uffizi and Accademia, that thing is totally worth it. But you said, "all year long." Are you planning on a longer trip now???? Come back. I miss you.
ReplyDelete