Friday, November 5, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Anny

Anny had a flight home 4 days after we returned from Munich. She was returning to Hong Kong after over a year of living in Firenze.

We had a goodbye aperitivo with some of our closest friends at Moyo (another thing on Anny’s bucket list).





The next night, Julia, Anny, and I made dinner (complete with tiramisu) and literally talked for the whole afternoon/evening. Lots of girl bonding time. I am just so thankful for the amazing friends the Lord has placed in my life.

A few hours before she had to leave for the airport, Anny came over to help me carve pumpkins!!! She had never done it in her life, but was not at all hesitant to stick her hand in the pumpkin and clean it out. A friend from Melbourne had just arrived (she’s living/studying in Firenze, too)- so Jen and I oversaw the “American pumpkin carving” for my Austrian and Chinese friends. :)


I think it came out pretty well for freehand.

That afternoon, I helped Anny move her stuff into the taxi and sent her on her way. She is very missed! I can’t wait to go visit her some day in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment