So, finding churches in Italy is easy. They are everywhere. But finding a church with an active congregation and Spirit-inspired sermon is pretty difficult.
When I first got here, Lindsay and Ross Stowers brought me to a wonderful church called Logos Evangelical Church. The pastor is associated with Campus Crusade for Christ (or Agape) here in Firenze. It was a small but strong congregation. Only problem was the sermons are all in Italian. Dang.
Then, I attended an American church in Firenze called St. James Episcopal Church with my friend Meredith. The pastor is from none other than Mobile, Alabama. Sermons are conducted in English (with a southern accent) and are very traditional. Unfortunately, the week I attended their pastor was out of the country. I’ll have to go back and check it out later.
So in the meantime, I have begun downloading sermons from Buckhead Church in Atlanta. I was moderately involved in that church when I first moved to Atlanta, and Andy Stanley’s sermons are always great.
So last Sunday I found my new church.
With my new awesome Friends of the Uffizi card, I entered the Boboli Gardens and found a nice place under a tree. I sat down with my bible opened and listened to the sermon. Just like church! It was awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're funny. You should go back to that Italian church and see how much you understand now!
ReplyDelete