Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Celebrating Che!

Che this is your blog shout-out.

Last Friday was Che’s birthday but unfortunately (for us) she was in Paris, so we were unable to celebrate until Monday. In honor of our favorite Nutella-loving book nerd, we decided to get all dressed up and go out to dinner. But before dinner, Anny and I gathered some of her favorite things:
• Tomatoes: Che LOVES tomatoes, so we bought her small, medium, and large tomatoes.
• Nutella: I mean, who doesn’t love Nutella? This girl eats it all the time.
• Flowers: She likes flowers, but is unable to keep plants alive for more than a few days. We bought her some pretty fake flowers.
• Kinder Chocolate: Che loves sweets. She buys lots of wonderful Kinder delights at the grocery store, so we thought a Kinder egg would be fun. They have toys inside!
• Meringue: Another sweet thing Che looooves to eat
• Calendar (not pictured): Che doesn’t know how to cook, so we bought her a calendar with pictures of Italian dishes. Each month has a recipe and picture of an Italian city. For inspiration.

She loved the gift! Here’s a picture hugging her tomatoes.

Dinner at Beppa Fioraia- always delicious.


Che also loves CHEESECAKE. Anny and I searched all over trying to find cheesecake before dinner, and we found this cute place in the Piazza della Repubblica. So Che ordered cheesecake while Anny and I ordered some other wonderful desserts.

It was a wonderful night and just another reminder of how blessed I am over here. God has provided two beautiful, amazing friends for me and I am so thankful. :)

2 comments:

  1. i heart cheesecake. Except you probably won't receive this comment because you apparently delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Che and I would get along great! We like a lot of the same things, except I would replace the meringues with macaroons... yum yum yum! And cheesecake, I can eat it all day, everyday. I bet it was delicious! I'm sad you won't be here for my birthday. :( But Mr. and Mrs. Justin Roberson, Jon Alwinson, and his fiance are coming up to hang out and we're all going to go to the Tenn game. yay fun! You will be missed and so will birthday pancakes.
    P.S. You delete these?

    ReplyDelete