Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Motorino Tour of Firenze’s Best

I received a call from my friend Carlo Bandini last week, asking if I wanted to get gelato sometime this week. So tonight, he picked me up on his moped (or motorino) and took me for a ride. Riding mopeds is so much fun!!!! The weather was perfect and it was such a nice evening. We rode up Viale Michelangelo and up to the Piazzale Michelangelo and the church of San Miniato al Monte. It was gorgeous!!!! Here’s a picture from the top of the church, overlooking Firenze.

Then, Carlo took me to one of his favorite pizza restaurants. We ordered pizzas with fresh mozzarella di bufala and the most delicious tomatoes!

Carlo wanted to take me to his favorite gelateria in Firenze, but when we drove there, it was closed! So sad. Instead, we crossed the river and got gelato at his second-favorite gelateria, Il Sorriso. Ah-ma-zing. It was a great time and good practice for my Italian.

3 comments:

  1. yayayay!!! la vespa sulle colline e una pizza buonissima!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA i love these pictures. and I still dream about mozzarella di bufala. I tried to get mozzarella at Publix but it just wasn't the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carlo! I'm so glad he is your friend, he's very entertaining! And this sounds like a delicious day... mozzarella di bufala and gelato... can't get any better!

    ReplyDelete