Instead, we walked across the Seine and went to the Musee d’Orsay. What an incredible museum. It’s full of Impressionist paintings and the museum is housed in an old train station. Mirela and I both agreed that we liked this museum more than the Louvre.
We got out around lunchtime, and walked around exploring. First stop- the cathedral of Notre Dame. It was beautiful! They had a Christmas tree in front of the cathedral and it was packed with people.

We took the metro up towards the area of Montmartre, stopping by the world famous Moulin Rouge (I learned in French it means red windmill). Montmartre is known for being the highest hill in Paris. There is a lovely church right on top called Sacre-Coeur. From the top, we had a great view of Paris (minus the Eiffel Tower.)

I found a yellow tree!

After that adventure, we met up with Mirela’s friend Emilie (she lives 2 hours away in Leon). Emilie helped us chose a “real” French restaurant, and helped us all chose our plates. I was pretty surprised that the fancy plates came with french fries…
We strolled around the Latin Quarter that evening and ate more crepes. Paris is so pretty at night.

No comments:
Post a Comment