Monday, October 18, 2010

Anny’s Golden Birthday

Although Barcelona was a pretty sweet way to celebrate a birthday, we celebrated Anny again on the 28th. We made a new friend at school the week before named Julia, who joined us for the celebration. Julia is from Vienna, and working in Firenze for the year at an art history institute while she writes her TWO masters thesis papers (one on art history, one on philosophy). She is awesome and I am so thankful to have met her!

So Julia and I went shopping for some birthday decorations to make Anny’s day special. We bought balloons, birthday hats, a golden wand, candles, gold nail polish, and gold lipstick, etc... We set up a table in Vincenzo’s restaurant before we got her to come to dinner. (Vincenzo is our pizza-making friend from Naples who makes like the most amazing pizzas in a restaurant under Anny’s place.)

Anny was SO excited to see the table! We all wore our birthday hats during dinner.




I gave Vincenzo some candles to put on Anny’s pizza, so we lit them, sang to Anny, and she blew out the candles. Vincenzo always makes our pizzas heart-shaped. :)



I am so thankful for you, Anny!

1 comment:

  1. OMG HEART-SHAPED PIZZAS!!!! THAT'S AWESOME! Happy Birthday, Anny! It looked like so much fun! Amy, way-to-go on finding all that party stuff!

    ReplyDelete